Everything you need to know about bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain today.
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Tuesday is the deadline for filing federal income taxes with the Internal Revenue Service, the day many crypto investors have been freaking out about for months. An $800 million hedge fund said the recent slump in crypto prices is all thanks to Uncle Sam as traders sell their holdings in order to pay the tax man.
If you've yet to file your taxes, here's a quick explainer on paying taxes on bitcoin earnings. It's easier than you might think!
Here are the current crypto prices:
- After 13 years at Goldman Sachs, this executive shares why she's joining a cryptocurrency startup
- The biggest porn site in the world is now accepting a 'privacy-focused' cryptocurrency called Verge
- Billionaire banking heir and cryptocurrency investor Matthew Mellon dies in rehab at 54
- An $800 million crypto hedge fund says bitcoin's recent slump can be pinned on the tax man
- $1.6 billion bitcoin exchange Coinbase continues its acquisition spree, snapping up another small crypto company
- Meet the 12-year-old crypto CEO
New to Crypto Insider? Business Insider has a ton of articles to get you caught up to speed, including:
- Meet the traders, investors, and technologists pioneering crypto on Wall Street
- How to buy and sell cryptocurrencies using Coinbase on your iPhone
- Paying taxes on bitcoin isn't nearly as hard as it sounds
- How to buy Ripple's XRP cryptocurrency
- An ETF veteran who ditched Wall Street for crypto explains how bitcoin can fit into a portfolio
- Track the price of nearly two-dozen cryptocurrencies here
What other questions do you have about crypto? Ask them in Business Insider's Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.